To know God and to make Him known.
Individually and together, we will impact the community of Sheridan and beyond for Christ by sharing the good news of salvation and actively displaying the love of God as we live in an ever-deepening relationship with God and others.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections.We believe that the Bible is God’s Word, that it was written by men divinely inspired, and that it is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, of virgin birth, sinless in His life, making atonement for the sins of the world by His death. We believe in His bodily resurrection, ascension, and visible return to the earth according to His promise.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from God to convince the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all men by nature and choice are sinners and thus subject to God’s judgment, but that “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). We believe, therefore, that those who receive Christ as Lord and Savior will rejoice forever in God’s presence, and those who refuse to receive Christ as Lord and Savior will be forever separated from God.
- We believe in the church – a living, spiritual body, of which Christ is head and of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that a visible, New Testament, local church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, immersed on a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work, and fellowship. We believe that to these visible churches the task of persuading a lost world to receive Jesus Christ as Savior, and to enthrone Him as Lord and Master, has been given. We believe that all human and social improvements are the inevitable by-product of such a Gospel.
- We believe that every human being is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith and that each church is independent and autonomous and must be kept free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority. Therefore, church and state must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictates or patronage of the other.